Sunday, March 29, 2009

WHOA.

GUYS. MONDAY IS COMING. On midterms week. This means I won't be able to post for awhile. Could be a loooong while; I don't know. Then again, I'm pass-failing everything here except my anth credit (thank yooouu Rice transfer credit policy) so I may be on every night. Remains to be seen.

Just thought I'd let you know, our activity this weekend was touring Japan's Unit 731 Germ Warfare Base here in Harbin. It was a bit discomforting, but I would say not much more so than the wiki site. Check it out.

After, we went out to dinner to celebrate Li Mo's and Pan MingAn's birthdays, a most gallant affair. Tasty food, tasty cake, good company, then the crew went to Sky bar.

Guys. I spoke some English. Two of the girls who came with us don't really speak Chinese, and the Chinese guys wanted to practice English (cusswords) and what was I supposed to do hmmm? It was super discombobulating to hear English and answer in Chinese for the boys and English for the girls and Chinese but then English and let alone my Chinglesh thoughts and then aaaaAAHHH!!

Also, as discovered en route to said Sky bar, here is a foolproof way to get Cat Swanson to fall in love with you:
Chinese Boy: Hey
Cat: Ni hao
Chinese Boy: (Chinese) Oh you're speaking Chinese
Cat: (Chinese) Yeah I do that a lot as of late.
Chinese Boy: (English) So where are you from?
Cat: (English) Texas. (Chinese) lol what language should we speak?
Chinese Boy: (English) Whatever you want (smile).
Cat: (Universal) (swoon)

Keep in mind this methodology is only effective if you're decently tall, have a low voice, need to lean in close in order to hear one another on the street, and you don't freaking IGNORE HER for the rest of the night. MMGghgghgrumph!

Sorry, that's the closest to entertaining gossip I can give you.

If you put a xianggua and cantaloupe in a cage match the cantaloupe would lose but at least it would be a good sport,
China-Cat

No comments:

Post a Comment