Wednesday, March 18, 2009

I MADE A PUN

Okay okay this was awesome! My very first Chinese pun!!! Here is how it happened:

Huangwei thought he did perfectly on a writing test. As it turned out though, he missed one stroke. The two GIRLS of the class, on the other hand, did in fact get perfect scores. He was mildly disappointed. I told him in a sympathetic tone:

你的生活太难了。。或者...太了!!

aahhahhahahahahaaaHAAhaha!.. I'm awesome.

Spring coiled back up into its original packaging under an onslaught of snow,
China-Cat

4 comments:

  1. dear cat,

    i love that you are hilarious enough to write a joke in chinese and not give the translation. but now give the translation.

    kisses, hugs and peanut butter,

    lissa

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Pun does not make sense in English. Make Funnier Puns. Its also mildly funny according to my Chinese speaking lab mate Simin. She does agree that it is a pun though. Something about Two Men or To Hard its pronounced the same. I dont know.....
    Anyways go Cat.
    TBS gives you a mildly funny rating.

    ReplyDelete
  3. it's sad to see one so pun-deprived. Hang in there, Cat.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh China Cat...!

    Da Beer Bike festivities are soooo underway. the octabong has been hit, and the music is raging. It's 9AM here, the trucks are loading, the speakers are exploding, the sky is perfect blue, and our hair is green, too! YEAHAH!

    I have no idea when you might read this, but I thought you'd like a little update. Ooohhhh Yeah (Koolaid style). Two hours of sleep and two bowls of cheerios; I'm ready to go.
    I wish you the best of beer bike days whatever time it is, may Mary G be with ya.
    J-J-J-JIBA!!!!

    p.s. If you could figure out how to translate JIBA, I think that might be the single most important achievement of your semester. for surious...

    ReplyDelete