Thursday, April 2, 2009

考完了!

YaYaYAYAYAyAYAYAYY!
Finished my reasonably challenging midterms!!

Did you know, that as a fairly intelligent human being, standing in front of three teacher/judges and your one-on-one professor to present a paper in a foreign language is nerve-racking? I practiced quite a bit, but apparently I still read off my prepared outline too much. Also, I had pronunciation problems. And grammar problems. And didn't understand the last question they asked me, and when I finally did I still didn't have anything to say.

On the other hand, I definitely, definitely recommend leaving a BIG freakin' hole in the middle of your paper, namely WHAT THE HECK IS FUNCTIONAL ANTHROPOLOGY, and then preparing an answer to that question in advance, so that when it turns out to be the very first question posed by the very first teacher/judge, you can answer like the fluently-Chinese-speaking BAMF (basically awesome & masterful fellow, for you who don't know...) you pretend to be.

Win some lose some I guess.

In other news, I ate an egg with a pale turquoise shell on Wednesday, or tried to anyway. Why, you ask? Because it was chillin' with some friends in a bowl behind the counter at the cafeteria where the regular hard-boiled eggs usually hang out. I do not know what injustices were perpetrated against that poor little not-a-chicken, but little did I suspect that it had been somehow transformed into a chunk of egg-textured SALT....gEEuGHdhghH. Um, I couldn't eat it.
Moral of the Story? I don't care who eggs you on, let them call you chicken for refusing to take a crack at green eggs because that crap just ain't fly (sorry...couldn't resist hamming it up a bit).

Also, Spring Break done arrived, so internet will be a bit spotty for the next week or so but I promise to take pretty pictures to post later. I will be flying down to Beijing with all the cool kids, checkin' out the wall, then moseying by train (..and/or bus?) down to Xi'an and flying home from there. (Hey cool! I just called Harbin home!) Wish me luck, eh?

I saw a Russian student dressed from head to toe in a perfectly burnt orange suit today, just going to class,
China-Cat

2 comments:

  1. congrats on the exams. But I thought "BAMF" stood for something else ....

    good puns. Have a great trip ! Enjoy the Wall for me. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. and, what is a XIANGGUA ? You didn't reveal it, or if you did, I missed it.

    ReplyDelete