Wednesday, February 11, 2009

SUCCESS!

Hey!

I made it to China! And figured out how to access my blog from an Internet cafe! On the other hand, I'm reeeeal jetlagged and cannot WAIT to retire to my nice, fluffy Beijing hotel bed.
Best part of the day occured when, after sitting on the plane for about nine hours, for shits and giggles I opened the window shade to reveal...SIBERIA!!! So much SNOW! and ICE! Reminded me of the good 'ole days in Alaska.

In related news, it's still warm here. One eleven hour trainride tomorrow evening should take care of that though.

And, in support of China's multicultural history, the government has issued money featuring various minorities. On the other hand, the denomination chosen for this project is the smallest possible, the one kuai note. It's worth about 14 cents. Mixed messages much?

Counterfeit Kuai,
Cat

5 comments:

  1. I got your text, but I was asleep, and by the time I woke up enough to text back, I figured you were like a jillion feet up in the air.

    Who, what, where and kuai,
    Bunny :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bunny gets two points for bad pun. THANKS for letting us know you are alive and well. Much relieved. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Enjoy your train ride. And China.

    P.S. I find myself producing a play, Cat. I have no idea how it happened.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Two Big Satellites Collide Over Siberia

    http://news.aol.com/article/satellite-collision/339302


    Good thing there was no falling debris

    ReplyDelete