Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Classes, Day No. 1


1) Here is the aforementioned funny Chinglish picture, though it's less Chinglish than straight off of failblog.
2) I didn't cry in ANY of my classes. Or afterwards! In fact, this studying Chinese thing is pretty fun, and I could see myself getting addicted. On the other hand, I've got a pile of homework and some essays to write that suggest otherwise...
3) I saw six men get out of a cop car (van) with really, really large guns today. On a university campus! Wtf...I am afraid of both guns and China-police.
4) Squat toilets, 'nuff said.
5) If you're ever feeling a little too good about the American economy, I encourage you to take a Chinese-taught business class. My vocabulary now includes "American financial crisis," and by comparison, "foreign investments pouring into China." Seriously, it's the great depression over there folks.
6) I'm an excessively tall, naturally blonde waiguoren, and I freakin' love it. I haven't been stared at this much since Philmont! The only exception to my acceptance of this phenomenon is when I don't know what the hell is going on or how to do something or I fail to communicate that just because I want to buy the cheaper boy-razors does not mean I shave my face...then it sorta sucks. The rest of time, awesome. Represent.

Don't drink from the tap,
China-Cat

No comments:

Post a Comment