Friday, February 20, 2009

I'm Still Me.

Friends, Colleagues, and Esteemed Members of the Community,

I am happy to inform you that in Chinese, I am still Cat Swanson. Yesterday, me, my roommate, my roommate's computer science grad student boyfriend were all over here chillin' and checking out our various schools online. He wants to come study in the US, so we were discussing which schools had good computer science programs with research focusing on internet somethingorother (I don't think I would understand in English either). Though they were both impressed by Rice's "Harvard of the South" title as well as my now-famous appearance on the website, we don't have what he's looking for. Apparently, Ohio State is best for that sort of thing, and WangHuai asked me "what's it like" so I told him.

You will live in field, surrounded by corn, and all you can eat is corn.

Awesome.


The only other noteworthy occurance was the temporary loss of my phone. It doesn't work here, but I still use it as an alarm clock and watch and photo album (sad huh), and I was really sad when I thought I had banished it to an eternity of cafeteria dumpsters. Turns out it was in the academic building and another student grabbed it for me, wohoo! Made me realize that I am really attached to the weird stuff I brought from home, mostly because I brought it from home. My life is so so hard.

Academics suck.

Toilet and Shower in one undivided room,
Cat

1 comment:

  1. NOT true. Ohio State is totally urban, and relatively badass. They don't even have cows... though if he wants corn, he can drive 45 miles in any direction and he'll probably find plenty...

    ReplyDelete