Tuesday, February 24, 2009

The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly.

The Good:
-We don't have pre-class bells here, they just play nice soothing music for ten minutes before every class. I'm a fan, except for when it puts you to sleep for that post-lunch, early afternoon class.
-There is more soothing background music in all the cafeterias. Last night, the song being played made me feel particularly warm and fuzzy until I realized it was a lovely instrumental version of "Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas." I told my roommate, she laughed and said no one there would know 'cause Christmas isn't big. Silly China.
-I successfully explained my family situation to my roommate the other day. This included vocab and phrases like "Dad's pregnant girlfriend," "pseudo-stepbrother," "pseudo-sister dating my brother," and "Mom's a playa." Roomie kept trying to give me the words for "wife" and "male friend," to no avail. We reached an understanding...still unsure if it was mutual or not...

The Bad
-Didn't do half my homework and cried in my two-on-one drill class today because I didn't and still don't understand what I'm supposed to be doing. Will ask my co-student as soon as I am composed enough to actually figure it out.
-I just want a freakin' spoon. A SPOON. S-P-O-O-N. Don't give me none of this funky-ass shaped "shaozi" crap, if I wanted to have to dip the WHOLE THING in my soup/oatmeal/noodles/etc and then not be able to fit it in my mouth, I'd have asked for a large, awkwardly-shaped ill-fitted silly concave tool, now wouldn't I have. Did I? No. SPOON.

The Ugly.
-Yesterday wasn't so cold! I thought it was nice...then my hair froze on the five minute walk to class.
-Today really wasn't bad though. Quite comfortable, I thought...then it started snowing.
-When you have to wear all of your clothing every day, it's impossible to create a matching outfit, let alone multiple matching outfits. Black and brown? And green? Also some yellow? Set for class.

Freshman students have to clear the roads after it snows,
China-Cat

4 comments:

  1. Hey Cat!

    I figured it out! I know, not rocket science. I figure this is the beginning of my 4000 times! I'm proud of you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I sent spoons ! honest ! I wonder how long the package will take to arrive !

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cat it is not cold stop wearing all your clothes. I wear normal amounts of clothing every day. Even when it is zero degrees.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's comforting to know I'm difficult to explain in any language. Really.

    Yes your brother had something to do with it,
    Bunny :D

    ReplyDelete