Thursday, April 9, 2009

Xi'an, Day #1

Stomach at 93%!

Riding a train for 12 hours on a sitting ticket? Sorta sucks. BUT, Xi'an is amazing. Actually, I've come to the conclusion that China's public face is amazing- this government can flaunt it, and flaunt it well. Better than any other I've seen in fact.
We wandered in and around gardens of the Big Goose Pagoda today (amazing), and topped off the evening with a free fountain and light show, which was amazing.
Tomorrow, hopefully some mountain-climbing goodness.

Only a few days left before I can go back through these silly little posts and add legitimate stories and some pictures for y'all.

Stupified an even smaller child,
Cat

2 comments:

  1. hahaha on the poor little child. Enjoy the mountains, I'm jealous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh good, I'm glad you guys made it to Xi'an all right... we were wondering if everything was all right, also whether those tickets were really for hard seats or did you end up having to stand. that was bothering Jared for a while, if anything bothers him.

    I had no idea you still posted during our trip. very good. I've been putting off my blogging for too long.

    Have fun!! I miss you guys!!
    oh yeah, Jared Ronnie and I are still speaking you know what at least until Sunday. the roommates are not gonna tell on us ^_^

    ReplyDelete