Thursday, April 16, 2009

This Weak

Hey Guys,

I'm a little bored as of late. Because:
- All day, every day focusing on memorizing Chinese gets boring

This is a problem because:
- I am discovering how little work I can do to get by in this program
- It's substantially less than I previously thought
- This leads to more free time, which I spend bored and stressed because
- I don't feel like I should go out for adventures/projects/etc when I have homework that I could (should?) be doing and
- I work more efficiently when I have little to no free time so the little bit of absolutely-required homework I do have takes forever and
- The remaining "free" time stresses me out because I feel like I should be doing homework, which may or may not be the case.

Meaning today, I am bored and stressed. Ugh.

Possible Solutions:
- Take the newly-offered extracurricular "Chinese music" class. Not the ideal solution because from here, it looks to be just another class I will be forced to attend and/or be bored in. I will probably force myself to go to the first one and check it out though. Ugh.
- Explore Harbin. More difficult than you would think, though with weather warming up this has potential. Also, I should be doing homework.
- Chill with awesome people. Killing two birds with one stone, plans have been made to go walking with some cool kids in the near future.
- Drink heavily. Tipsy one-on-two class is not bad at all, but afterward I just want to sleep and typically this is not an option.
- Read / Watch movies. I need to find an English bookstore on the first front, and get some recommendations on the second. Anyone? Anyone?
- Start some drama. Too bad I really like all of the CET peeps, and only as friends. Typically I resort to facebook-flirting with people I probably ought not flirt with back at home, but even this method is rapidly losing its appeal. Siiiiigh. Suggestions?

Really though, I just ought to do my homework better. Someone motivate me.

Done complaining,
China-Cat

4 comments:

  1. Life is far to important to spend it doing homework Cat. Did I teach you nothing?

    gardner

    ReplyDelete
  2. limewire is your friend you can find pretty much any movie you want on there, as far as books read more stuff by neil gaiman he is awesome if good omens interested you you should read neverwhere
    wanted is a fairly good movie i think if you want movie suggestions or you could try to pirate watchmen that was pretty good too


    casey

    ReplyDelete
  3. hahaha!! I love and hate drama. I want to go on your walks too!! INCLUDE ME!!! the explore Harbin and chill with some cool ppl seem like good ideas to me ^_~

    ReplyDelete
  4. Read "the five people you meet in heaven" by Mitch Albom. It's quite a great story and fun to ponder the questions of life and meaning of those in our lives, and those we didnt even realize were IN our lives.

    ReplyDelete